MJ Live

Saturday, April 28, 2007

All’s Well (Written 4/28/07)

Well this weekend has been one just full of pleasant surprises – and only one of them relates to Samoa. The first happened on Friday when my Chicago Bulls upset the Miami Heat in game 3 of their 7 game playoff series, one more win and they're moving on past the defending champs. The parade of champions from Chicago and Tennessee just keep rolling on. Then on Saturday morning/afternoon – the greatest non-sporting sporting event of the year took place: the NFL Draft. Unfortunately, I was not able to watch it live on ESPN International here but it was fun to finally have some sort of football 'action' occurring here since it's a dry period before the big events of the Peace Corps calendar begin (beginning with the arrival of Group 78 in only 1 month (or 2 months depending on how you count it)! Of course the big winners of the draft were the Cleveland Browns because they got both the players they wanted and of course I'm a winner simply because I am blessed to be in a country that gives me access to the net to 'watch' such stuff. It's the little things that make a big difference.

But on a more personal note, I went into town today to run some errands and I ran into my student (Maena) who I spoke about a few weeks/months back – the one who was pregnant. Well she finally had her baby this past week – and it appears she's already shed the baby weight which is quite amazing. She had a girl and her name is Caroline. So now that both mom and daughter are okay, hopefully Maena will come back to Chanel to finish her education. It would be a shame for such a bright young girl to just kind of waste away. Here's hoping! Now 2 countdowns begin on Sunday….

There's only 6 more days of school left…

And only 3 more days before 'the eagle' lands (it'll become clear soon who 'the eagle' is – trust me, this person is a lot more important to me then the President)….

Get excited!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am also looking forward to seeing the eagle.